Overdose on Acyclovir

Patient

Q: Overdose of acyclovir. Took a large dose of it for 5 days without any illness. Its been 2 weeks and still some allergy symptoms. What is the medicine to treat this

Doctor

A:   You have neither mentioned the indication for taking Acyclovir, nor the dose consumed over 5 days. The nature of allergy symptoms experienced by you has also not been elaborated upon. Hence, you may please consult your Family Physician for further management in this regard.

Related Q&A

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy

Q: Hi I wanted to see if my symptoms might be caused by a food sensitivity. I have a dry itchy flaky scrap, itchy skin ...

Q: Hello doctor I'm living in a very seasonal allergic pollotion city. Last month, I started getting there infections...

Q: I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving acetaminophen. The center will not have a physician in ...

Q: Hi There, I am an alcoholic. I have been drinking for years heavily (vodka) and then switched to wine to try to tamp...

 
DOCTOR ADVISORY BOARD
218

Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician
173

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician
138

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist
98

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon
CNN
BBC
MSNBC
CBS
abcNews
FoxNews