Overlap Depo Provera shot?

Patient : Is there any way that I can overlap my Depo Provera shot, if i have to leave for the military before my next one is due, so that I don't have to come off the shot for two months?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. There is no medically recommended way to administer the depo-provera contraceptive injectio n outside of its medically approved indications. You may benefit from using an alternative form of contraception such as the oral contraceptive birth control pill, if you will be away for an extended period of time, without access to your doctor. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com