Ovranette

Patient

Q: I have been on the combined pill "Ovranette" for about 8 months, and I am just wondering about taking two strips of it back to back (aka skipping my period). Would there be any side effects? I have just heard this can be done, and want to test it out so I know in the future if i can do it (for example, my holiday or etc). I would not plan in doing this a lot. Thank you for you're help.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We do not recommend you using Ovranette (ethinylestradiol and levonorgestrel) combination oral contraceptive medication outside of its prescribed dosage as instructed by your doctor. Failure to do so can result in irregularities in your menstrual cycle along with subsequent heavy menstrual bleeding. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDocotor.com