Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ovulating after miscarriage

Ovulating after miscarriage

Patient: Hi, I had a D&C on November 12 and was wondering around what dates I would be ovulating; and also when I should be expecting my period to arrive. Thank you

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.It is difficult to tell the time of ovulation and menstruatio n after D&C.It depends on factors like how much depth of endometrium was removed during D&C and at what gestational age D&C was done etc.So, if you want to detect the time of ovulation, better to use ovulation kits after around two weeks of D&C or you can take the help of ultrasound with your doctor’s advice.Usually, menstruation occurs around two weeks after ovulation.Take care.