Pain abdomen with previous history of ectopic pregnancy

Patient

Q: Hi iam 6 weeks preganant i have a pain in my right side i have suffered n etopic before and wasnt very nice i had a normal pregancy after that but now i am 6 weeks again i feel alittle different just wnated to know if this is normal in preganacy as i am not bleeding or that

Doctor

A:   I do understand your concern. Since you've had a previous ectopic pregnancy, you are at risk of having another. I would not take the pain lightly and would advise that you get an ultrasound done to rule out an ectopic.