Pain above my belly button

Patient

Q: I get a pain above my belly button when i eat or sit upright

Symptoms:  ache
Doctor

A:   You could be suffering from Dyspepsia (a condition that occurs due to high basal output of gastric acid). There could be multiple reasons for it, like frequent intake of spicy or junk food, beverages or due to irregular eating habits, irregular sleeping habits, anxiety, stress, smoking, binge drinking and lack of physical activity. You need to look into all these factors and make necessary corrections as soon as possible. If still you continue to suffer, visit a Gastroenterologist for further evaluation and advise. Regular intake of a prescribed antacid, for short to medium term, may help you to resolve your symptoms early.