Pain after sex, caused swelling of vagina.

Patient : I believe that I have friction burn from vigourous sex if that's even possible, my vagina is swollen and there are small cuts on the outside, wondering if there's anything I can do to soothe it or if I need to go to the doctor to be prescribed medication. It cannot be herpes as I used a condom and have been with the same partner for 4 months.
Symptoms:  Vaginal pain, few small cuts, swollen
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Vigorous or rough intercourse can lead to local abrasions and pain. Usually, smaller abrasions will heal by themselves. Local analgesic creams like lidocaine gel can give soothening effect and analgesic and anti inflammatory tablets can decrease pain and swelling. If pain and swelling persists even after this, there is possibility of secondary infection, in that case please do consult your doctor and get examined. Take care.