Pain and a lot of blood often when producing stool

Q: Hello,
Sorry to bother you, but I'm a little bit worried. Recently, when I go to the loo and produce stool, I feel a slightly painful pinching sensation and then there is a lot of blood when I wipe. So much so that I consistently start to think I'm on my period, before I realise that isn't right. It is quite a lot of blood, so I'm starting to get worried. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes can happen every day for at least a week, or just on odd days. I wanted to ask what this might be, especially as it was suggested on another website that it could be a hemorrhoid.
It feels like it's some sort of cut, but sometimes it is around a month between each time and surely any cut would have healed by then, but the pain is always exactly the same place.
I would be extremely grateful if you could give me some feedback.
Thank you.

Symptoms:  Painful sensation when producing stool
large amount of blood from anal area
Occurred on repeated occasions