Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain and bleeding 2 weeks after periods

Pain and bleeding 2 weeks after periods

Patient: I just had my period about 2 weeks ago and now i am bleeding again and its causing very sharp pains in my pelvic area. i keep feeling like i have to urinate really bad but when i try nothing happens. what is wrong with me?

Doctor: I understand your concern about early bleeding since your last menses. Most of the time this could be because of an unus ual event. However, it could also indicate problems such as sexually transmitted infections, thyroid issues or irregular time frame of taking your pills and not being consistent with the schedule. I would advice you to take a home pregnancy test immediately and also consult your GP for a follow up in case in it positive, or the bleeding/spotting continues.