Pain and swelling 3 weeks after Orthopedic knee surgery

Patient : I just had a knee scope surgery 3 weeks .i had meniscus repair and full thickness cartilage loss.for the past week i have severe aching pain in my joint and knee cap and cannot bend my knee without doing it by hand.have swelling also.
Doctor :   Infections, hematomas and reflex sympathetic dystrophy are complications of any knee surgery. Telltale signs of infectio n include swelling, fever, and either persistent or new drainage through the incision site. You must inform your surgeon about the increased pain and joint swelling.