Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain and swelling on right shoulder.

Pain and swelling on right shoulder.

Patient: Pain and swelling on right shoulder and finger.Having hypothyroid and taking 50 mcg thyronorm.

Symptoms: Gastric problem

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Acute Shoulder Sprain.I would advise you to get an X-ray Shoulder..For acute muscular pain I advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.