Pain around incision

Patient

Q: I had a c-section just over a month ago. And all of a sudden I'm having really bad pain around the incision and it is really sensitive to touch I have also noticed foul smelling discharge that hasn't been alot and it isn't blood (I don't think) it is brownish in color and comes out in small strings. Should I be concerned?

Doctor

A:   You have most likely developed a wound infection. This would explain the foul smelling discharge and pain that you are experiencing. A course of antibiotics will be required for the infection to resolve. Return to your doctor for confirmation of the diagnosis and the appropriate antibiotics.