Pain BEHIND left Knee

Q: Hi, I am having pain and numbness BEHIND my left knee. It started around a month ago.Earlier it was just at the time of bending and putting weight on knees but now if I stand for few minutes then also I feel around behind knees. What could be issue and which doctor i should see?

Symptoms:  Pain behind left knee while bending and standing for more than 10-15 minutes.

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
You might have developed the muscular strain injury of the muscles of knee joint.
If you had any traumatic event of the knee then ligament injury is also a possibility.
In such scenario you should see an Orthopedic surgeon who will evaluate clinically and if required will order imaging studies of the knee joint.
Till you get medical help, do hot fomentation of the involved knee. You can apply Diclofenac ointment locally over the affected area.
Also you should start practicing quadriceps strengthning exercises that you can learn from a physiotherapist.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.

Guest: testtesttesttesttest