Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain – Bleeding after depo injections

Pain – Bleeding after depo injections

Patient: I have resently changed from the pill onto the injection last friday… this tue i come on and have had pain…… on the tue when chaging my self i noticed what looked like a white sack …… i stopped bleeding a day later but i am still experiencing some pain….. what could this be ???

Doctor: Depo injection has its side-effects. It is very common for women on injection to experience abdominal pain of discomfort . In-fact almost 1 in 10 women experience these side effects. If the pain does not subside in a few days, I would advise that you consult your doctor. Over the counter pain medication may help in relieving the symptoms. I wish you well, take care.