Pain - Bleeding after depo injections

Patient

Q: I have resently changed from the pill onto the injection last friday... this tue i come on and have had pain...... on the tue when chaging my self i noticed what looked like a white sack ...... i stopped bleeding a day later but i am still experiencing some pain..... what could this be ???

Doctor

A:   Depo injection has its side-effects. It is very common for women on injection to experience abdominal pain of discomfort. In-fact almost 1 in 10 women experience these side effects. If the pain does not subside in a few days, I would advise that you consult your doctor. Over the counter pain medication may help in relieving the symptoms. I wish you well, take care.