Pain caused by stress or anxiety ? Is that possible ?

Q: Hi
My name is Jean-Michel. About three monts ago, I started having pain in my fingers(specially) in the joints, it then moved to my feet. In the morning when I wake up, my feet are numb and it takes about 1 hour before it comes to a normal state. The pain come and goes away. I went to a walk-in clinic and the doctor sent me for a test to see if I had inflamation. The test came back ok. He said no inflamation. I am 43 and was worried that arthritis was attacling me. I recently been laid off twice in a year and this is also really worrying me. My sister being sick and nobody seem to find a cure. All this really disturbs me. I am trying outdoor sports,biking, etc. I am also taking some magnesium but it seems to stay. Is the stress causing the pain ? What else can I do ? I don't want to start taking all kinds of meds. What are my options?
Thank you for this incredible website. I wish i could help you guys because people really need help.