Pain during for trimister pregnancy

Q: Hi
my wife if 7 weeks pregnant and she has been having pain in the lower abdomen for few seconds often for the last 3 weeks
she has been given Fertigyn HCG 5000
and she has been asked to take Duphaston and Folic Acid from tomorrow.
is this normal under these circumstances or something is wrong ?

Symptoms:  Mild abdominal pain for few seconds often for last 3 weeks

A:   Hi,
Some amount of pain abdomen can be seen with progression of pregnancy due to stretching of uterine supports like round ligaments, pressure on surrounding organs etc.
If pain is mild and not associated with symptoms like bleeding per vaginum etc, no need of any intervention.
If pain increases or bleeding per vaginum etc occurs, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
You can continue remaining tablets as prescribed by your doctor.
Take care.