Pain in cervix.

Patient

Q: I've been having frequent urges to urinate, and today I've begun to have sharp pain in my cervix. It doesn't burn when I urinate. Could this be a UTI?

Symptoms:  Frequent Urination; Cervical Pain.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have a UTI or it may be possible that you have developed an infection of you cervix. We recommend that you visit your doctor and have a urine test conducted to determine the cause of your pain. You will have complete a urine test as well there may be a need for a pelvic exam in order to examine the cervix and obtain samples for testing.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com