Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain in cervix and light red spotting

Pain in cervix and light red spotting

Patient: Hi!I am in panic!!I am 20 years old girl who really don’t want to be pregnant!! My period was expected 1-2 days ago and today I touched my cervix and I felt pain and there was blood on my finger and a few minutes later I found a few light red spotting. Do you know what it can be? I’m really worried!Please help.

Symptoms: Pain in lower abdomen

Doctor: Hello,If your periods are due and you have seen blood at cervix on digital examination then it is likely that your me nses is going to start in a day or so. If your concern is pregnancy then you may undertake a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy , ideally on the 7th day post missed period for better sensitivity.I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health,regards