Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain in groin, possible causes?

Pain in groin, possible causes?

Patient: This started today while at the gym working shoulders. It seems like I had this pain the other day but I do not remember I did not pay any attention to it. I had a dull almost unnoticeable pain that felt like it was my right testicle but I now think it is where the testicle connects to my body or right behind it. It is a dull ache kind of like pressure and it still has not gone away. It is just barely noticeable amount of pain. No swelling or anything that I could see. What could it be should i go to the doctor? I really do not want to.

Doctor: There are several conditions which can explain your symptoms. Below is list of possibilities;a groin herniastraine d musclesports herniaa disorder involving the testicles such as orchitisUnfortunately, without more details and  a thorough examination, I cannot definitively say which condition is more likely. i suggest you visit a physician to have the problem identified.