Pain in head on plane decent

Q: Hello, I'm 19 years old male and I went on an aeroplane last year, when the aeroplane was descending I had extreme pain in my head and like a chisel in the back of my head, I've looked around everywhere for a solution, I know it's about a sinus tube not letting air threw and air pressure on my ears that causes the pain. but I'm looking for a solution, when I was on the plane I swallowed and that usually fixes my ears when going up hills, but not on the plane. in an hour and a half I'll be on a plane to Sydney and wondering if there is any ideal solutions, I read squeezing my nose and try to blow air threw my nose but it causes so much pain I'm desperate to any other solutions or hypothesis/ideas.
Note that my brother and nan all get this problem, we also all get hay fever. I'm able to take more pain than my brother and he said he couldn't hear in his ear for a few hours. any help on this would be %1000 appreciated,

Symptoms:  Head pain on plane decent