Pain in IT band after running

Patient : Thanks for answering my question, but how can i get pain-free from IT band syndrome, I went to my PT and did 5 sets of ultra-sound and iontophoresis and got better and ran half marathon and it's all good, untill I ran downhill today and the pain is killing me!!
Symptoms:  Pain on the outside of the knee
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Pain from ITBS can be annoying but the cure is pretty simple but takes time. Here is wha t you should do: Rest for 10 days to 2 weeks. This should help with the cure Heat and do a self-massage of the IT band. You can find IT band massages in videos online Stretch the IT band by using a video and then help with it Use tennis balls and golf balls to help you loosen up the IT band If this does not help you, please see a Doctor as soon as possible.