Pain in IT band after running

Q: Thanks for answering my question,
but how can i get pain-free from IT band syndrome, I went to my PT and did 5 sets of ultra-sound and iontophoresis and got better and ran half marathon and it's all good, untill I ran downhill today and the pain is killing me!!

Symptoms:  Pain on the outside of the knee

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Pain from ITBS can be annoying but the cure is pretty simple but takes time. Here is what you should do:
Rest for 10 days to 2 weeks. This should help with the cure
Heat and do a self-massage of the IT band. You can find IT band massages in videos online
Stretch the IT band by using a video and then help with it
Use tennis balls and golf balls to help you loosen up the IT band

If this does not help you, please see a Doctor as soon as possible.