Ask The Doctor > Pending > Pain in left shoulder/wing area.

Pain in left shoulder/wing area.

Patient: Hello there, Doc. I’m 20 years old and pretty healthy, but recently when ever I pick something up with my right arm/hand, my left shoulder starts to hurt really bad. When it starts to hurt it’s about a 6-8. I started having shoulder pain a while ago, but nothing like this. I don’t know if it’s gotten worse or if it’s a new problem. I don’t have health insurance so I don’t feel like spend thousands of dollars I don’t have to get nowhere. I feel like something is wrong in my left shoulder and it would more than likely require surgery to fix it. I’m not interested in taking pain medicine to mask then pain because that won’t fix anything. If you have any idea what it could be please let me know. Also, when ever my girlfriend massages my left shoulder she says she can feel a lot of knots. I don’t know if that would help with your conclusion, but I thought I should let you know what I know.

Symptoms: Shoulder pain, burning sensation in my left shoulder blade/ wing area.

Doctor: