Pain in lower back and hips after motorcycle accident

Patient

Q: I was in a motorcycle accident last montb 3/20/2014. Er said everything was ok. I started physical therapy for my back and hips because I was having problems. Today im in severe pain and was having hard time in therapy. I dont know what to do. Er or wait it out

Symptoms:  Severe pain in hip, leg and knee. Swelling in knee cap, cant hold my weight to well
Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting us. Pain subsided initially indicates that there isn't severe injury and it could be simple muscle sprain. It is recurring, we have to rule out if there is any vertebral injury or intervertebral disc condition. You can use pain killer medication for time being. Consult orthopedician who can have better look and advice the best suitable. MRI lumbar region can give better insight of the problem. Wish you speedy recovery.