Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain in lower right abdomen

Pain in lower right abdomen

Patient: Hi I am a female aged 30 and married for last 6 years. From last 2-3 days I am having a pointed stretching sort of pain in my lower right abdomen. It feels more when I take a deep breathe or make sudden movement. I am so worried as I have been trying to conceive for last one month. Thnaks.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description, the possible causes are ovulat ory pain, adhesions due to previous laparotomy, recurrent ovarian cyst, pelvic infection of right adnexa, appendicular causes, renal calculi, rarely ectopic pregnancy etc.If the pain is persisting, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By examination and ultrasound the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.After that track your ovulation and plan unprotected intercourse around that period, this will increase the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.