Pain in middle right side of back

Patient

Q: Pain in middle of back. hurt to breath or if its touched when bending to the right side

Symptoms:  No
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The pain you may be experiencing could be due to inflammation or cramping of the muscles of your ribs. These muscles are referred to as intercostal muscles, and spasms, strains, or inflammation in this area can result in this inspiratory pain that you are experiencing. A more serious condition that could present with this type of pain is called pneumothorax. This is commonly referred to as a collapsed lung and can occur due to traumatic injury to the chest cavity or spontaneously. Since we do not have specific details on your current illness, we recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor to determine the exact cause of your pain.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com