Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain in my back NEED HELP

Pain in my back NEED HELP

Patient: I’m a 15 year old male ,6’1, 220lbs & some what physically fit, & I lift every other day of the week. Somewhere around in middle school (7th grade I think) during wrestling I hurt my back doing a move that involved lifting someone, which was called a Double Leg Takedown. Ever since that, my back has always hurt doing things like yard work & when I do weighted squats at weight lifting. It would only hurt when I would do those things. Whats wrong with my back?

Symptoms: Back pain

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having disc prolapse of lumbar spine as you are having pain during weight lifting etc. It can be confirmed by MRI of lumbar spine. Its treatment is rest in lateral position with both hips and knee flexed. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are taken for pain relief. VitaminD3 and vitamin B12 supplements are helpful.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you good health.Take care.