Pain in my knees. Multiple symptoms. Suggestion?

Patient

Q: For a couple years now every once in a blue moon my knee would kind of lock up for a few seconds. A real painful feeling in knee and I could not move my knee for a few seconds. I currently work in a Department Store and the other day I bent down to stock something and my knee had a real burning sensasion. The same knee that has spasms. I truthfully can't remember if its the same knee that's gets locked up, is this something worth getting checked out? And if age has anything to do with it, I'm 18.

Symptoms:  Pain in knee, locking up, burning, when I stretch it locks up sometimes.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Given the fact that you are rarely experience these symptoms it leads us to surmise that this is being caused by muscle spasms caused by muscle fatigue. Working on your feet all day can indeed be the cause of this. If this begins to happen more frequently, we recommend that you go to your doctor to be examined.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com