Pain in neck & back; loss of balance, strength and mobility.

Patient

Q: Ive had disabiling back pain for over 8 months and its to the point where I cannot function in my normal life.
What can this be and Is This something I should go back to ER?

Symptoms:  I am an athelete and have a very high tolerance for pain. 8 months ago a couch fell on my head and upper back; I assumed I could heal but havent and have progessively gotten worse and developed new and worsening symptoms that seem to be getting exponentially more severe and widespread in recent weeks.
With a long list of symptoms Ill mention just the most alarming;
SEVERE intolerable pain from neck all the way down to tail bone.
I have no range of motion, cant bend or lift or turn head. I have weakness and pain everywhere. I have trouble walking all of the sudden. Ive lost my balance/legs collapsed several times. I have no strength. I feel confused and foggy in the brain without meds in me. Loss of dexterity in figers and hands.
Numbness and tingling in hands and muscle spasms everywhere.
Pain keeps me up at night. Nothing helps . Hydrocodone and Diazepam dont stop the pain. My GP gave me Venlafaxine which offended me and I refuse to take for I am not depressed.
I feel like i have no where to go to get help aside from an ER but i dont want any more meds!!!!!!!!!!! They dont help the pain and make me nauseous
Doctor