Pain in outer region of left knee

Patient : Help! I have re injured my already injured knee by tripping up the stairs. A few months back I jumped down three feet onto a dock and injured what doctors are calling my LCL. I am supposed to go to on vacation tomorrow but my knee hurts when I am sitting down or standing up. Should I go get accesed by a real doctor again today or should I get crutches? I am currently wearing a brace.
Symptoms:  Sharp pain in outer region of left knee when standing up or sitting down, swelling, tenderness of affected area.
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. It seems you have got Ligament Injury of your knee joints. This can be due to Anterio r Cruciate or Posterior Cruciate ligament injury. You would require MRI of the Knee. Yes you should see a real doctor. Also you should use crutches or support to walk till the diagnosis is confirmed. The treatment of Ligament Injury would be by Arthroscopic surgery. I hope it helps.