Pain in right calf, sticky sensation in right foot

Patient: I have chronic pain in my right calf mostly which started when i damaged my lower back(middle,think its called the cox bone)walking up a hill.I think ive damaged the nerve and now have pain in my right buttock which now has spread all down my right leg(mostly painful in my calf)aslo i have pin&needles sensations in my right foot constantly..Really worried because the pain has become almost unbearable.I have to remain standing because sitting or lying down is more painful..Please help.

Doctor: All the symptoms that you described may be caused by a nerve compression that can produce an inflammatory process affect ing nerve roots (neuritis)in the lumbarregion In the younger patients, as yourself, lumbar radiculopathy may be a result of a disc herniation or an acute injury causing impingement of an existing nerve. In the older patient, lumbar radiculopathy is often a result of spinal canal narrowing from bone (osteophyte) formation, decreased disc height and degenerative changes due to aging process.The treatment strategy would be as follows: try to keep a proper posture, avoiding repetitive cervical and lumbosacral stress (example weight lifting), adhering to a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition, physical activity, losing excess of weight, smoking cessation, seeking medical advice in a timely manner when indicated. During the pain crisis a physical therapy program should be followed and aimed to reduce pain and inflammation. For patients that show poor response to these measures the surgical option may be considered.