Pain in the Achilles tendon that worsens when running

Patient : My achilles tendon has been feeling uncomfortable for last 2 weeks now and if i do certain movement with my ankle i feel uncomfortablenes and also sumtimes if im running or put pressure it feels very tendor and like its going to just collapse other than that i been playin football and that just feel uncomfortable especiall if i point me ankle downwards! what shall i do?
Doctor :   Achilles tendonitis is an inflammation of the heel tendon, usually resulting from overuse associated with a change in pl aying surface, footwear, extreme stretching or intensity of an activity. Sometimes called the heel cord, it is the largest tendon in the human body. When the calf muscles contract, the Achilles tendon is tightened, pulling the heel. This allows you to point your foot and stand on tiptoe. Certain illnesses (such as arthritis and diabetes) and medications (such as corticosteroids and some antibiotics) can also increase the risk of rupture. Injury can happen in these situations: You make a forceful push-off with your foot while your knee is straightened by the powerful thigh muscles. You suddenly trip or stumble, and your foot is thrust in front to break a fall, forcefully overstretching the tendon or as in your case a forceful stretching of the calf muscles. Treatment must reflect a balance between protection and early motion: Protection is necessary to allow time for healing and to prevent re injury. Moving your foot and ankle is needed to prevent stiffness and loss of muscle tone. I advise you a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon to determine the treatment and follow-up that is right for you.