Pain in the back of knee after landing during a game...Patella Femoral Syndrome?

Q: A month ago I was sprinting down the court in a college basketball game. I got tripped up by my own teammate and landed on my knee in a bent position. I had a lot of pain and while out of the game I tried walking it off but that did not help. However I continued playing. The next day, I could barely walk, straighten or bend it, and there was quite a bit of swelling, however we had another game that night. The trainer did a ligament test and everything checked out okay. She told me it was probably a contusion. So the rest of the morning and afternoon I biked and walked around to try and loosen it up. I played that night in much pain. So now fast forward a month ahead, I have been doing multiple strengthening exercises, ice, heat, ultrasound, and stem. I continue to have much pain in the back of my knee and minimal swelling. I was wondering could it be patella femoral syndrome or something else? What can I do so I can fully sprint without pain? Thanks