Pain in the elbow: possible tennis/golfer’s elbow

Patient: How to help my elbow if it hurts because of tennis elbow

Doctor: The repetitive use of the elbow muscles can produce micro tears in the tendons, inflammation and pain and is called:  M Medial Epicondylitis or Golfer’s elbow or lateral which is called Tennis elbow. In United States is one of the most common causes of elbow pain. The specialist that you may consult, most likely is the Sports medicine doctor or the orthopedic surgeon. The conservative treatment for the Golfer’s or Tennis Elbow is as follows:  education , meaning avoid those activities that worsen the pain and golf/tennis swing modification, anti-inflammatory medication (such as “Motrin”, “Aleve”), physical therapy with flexibility and strengthening exercises, elbow brace if needed, and if after practice all these measures there is no significant improvement the corticosteroid injection may be considered.