Pain in the elbow: possible tennis/golfer's elbow

Patient : How to help my elbow if it hurts because of tennis elbow
Doctor :    The repetitive use of the elbow muscles can produce micro tears in the tendons, inflammation and pain and is called:  M Medial Epicondylitis or Golfer’s elbow or lateral which is called Tennis elbow. In United States is one of the most common causes of elbow pain. The specialist that you may consult, most likely is the Sports medicine doctor or the orthopedic surgeon. The conservative treatment for the Golfer’s or Tennis Elbow is as follows:  education , meaning avoid those activities that worsen the pain and golf/tennis swing modification, anti-inflammatory medication (such as “Motrin”, “Aleve”), physical therapy with flexibility and strengthening exercises, elbow brace if needed, and if after practice all these measures there is no significant improvement the corticosteroid injection may be considered.

Related Q&A

Q: Hello, Last March I sustained a hand injury. A line under high tention (a rope) snapped and hit the back of my ri...

Q: Hi, I am a 44 year old female. I have been exercising regularly for at least 15 years, including running 2-3 days a w...

Q: I broken my ribs 5 years ago (dec 2012). 4 ribs is not ok. Can they still be operated?

Q: I've been having some chronic neck pain so I went to the chiropractor she took x-rays and when she looked at the x-ra...

Q: Hello, I had fallen down a flight of stairs. Later when I went to pass a stool. I notice blood in my stool. I beli...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon