Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain in the lower back and going down to the legs with previous history of spinal fusions

Pain in the lower back and going down to the legs with previous history of spinal fusions

Patient: I have been have been waking up every morning for about 3 months with severe pain in my lower right back, and it seems to be relieved once i got to the bath room after about 20 minutes. what could this be? it seems to have been getting worse over the past 2 weeks and if i cant go to the restroom right away it will no go away, my stomach looks bloated and i have recently had to buy all nes pants because suddenly nothing fits. i also feel the pain going down my legs. Pleasse help and tell me what this is or what it could be..

Doctor: With your previous history of two spinal fusions and the symptoms that you described I strongly recommend  you to have e a re evaluation by your orthopedic surgeon or spine surgery specialist to rule out more serious problems to the spine, as for example new nerve compressions and nerve damage.