Pain in the shoulder and arm with numbness in the hand

Patient

Q: When i sit my left hand goes numb, when i walk my left arm and shoulder are in pain

Doctor

A:   May be you have  two different problems, meaning ,a cervical nerve compression that is causing the shoulder pain radiated to the arm and on the other hand, a peripheral nerve compression at the level of the wrist  called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, producing the numbness in your hand. I suggest  a visit to the neurologist who will order the adequate set of tests to determine if you have  a cervical radiculopathy and also rule out a Carpal tunnel syndrome.