Pain in the testicles - could it be a stone or muscles pull?

Patient

Q: Well about 4wks ago it felt like i had a std or a bladder infection i couldn't get in to see my doctor for 3 wks and every doctor there were book'd solid.so i whent to E.R got meds for std took all of it come to fine out i don't have a std.but im still haveing slight pain down in my right testical all the way sometime up to my side sometime.could i have had a kiddney stone pass'd or could it be some musle thing because im a single guy and i have no lady and i have to take matters up on my own.

Doctor

A:   It is most probable that the pain you are experiencing could be due to epididymitis, a urinary tract infection or ureteric colic due to stone. It is difficult for one to tell without examination and tests. Both epididymitis and urinary tract infection get better with antibiotics. Renal stones on the other-hand may require further evaluation and treatment depending on the size of the stone.
If you are continuing to have pain even after taking medications, I would advise you to setup and appointment with your doctor for a physical and lab-work like urinalysis, culture and ultrasound of the kidneys and pelvis.