Pain in the vagina when inserting finger

Patient : I am trying to have sex with my boyfriend for the first time, but when he puts his finger into my vagina it is very very painful.
Symptoms:  Pain
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Since you are a virgin there will be some pain associated with either intercourse or other activities like digital stimulation of the vagina. It will help if you use some simple lubricants like vaseline. This will ensure a smooth passage and will reduce the pain that you are experiencing. It will hurt a bit the first few times, it will slowly reduce once you have sex more frequently. If there is immense pain then you need to get it examined by a Gynecologist. Hope this was helpful, Regards.