Pain in the wrist after pushing a door

Patient

Q: At school pushed agaisnt door 2 days ago on my right wrist still hurts a lot but no bruise or swelling.. what is it

Doctor

A:    
Most likely you are experiencing a wrist sprain. The healing time varies from patient to patient, but generally requires Protection (splinting and avoidance of painful movements and activities), Rest, Ice the first 24 hours and then local heat (hot moist compresses or paraffin baths), anti inflammatory medication (i.e.: “Aleve”) so you can come back progressively to your daily routine in about 4-6 weeks. It is recommended that you keep using the wrist brace and avoid movements and activities that put additional stress on the wrist.