Pain in top of foot for two months after soccer game

Patient

Q: I have pain on the top of my foot right below my toes. It doesn't always hurt but it especially hurts if I try to put too much of my weight on the ball of my foot. At first I thought that someone had stepped on me in a soccer game because the pain began after a game. However, it is still hurting two months later and there was no sign of any bruising. Could it be a bruise or is it something more that I should get checked out?

Symptoms:  Symptoms: pain in top of foot, especially when putting lots of weight on the ball of my foot or when pressing on the specific area of pain
Doctor