Pain in upper back area

Patient

Q: My back feels like somebody has their elbow in it...upper left area, between the left shoulder blade and my spine. I don't think it's a pulled muscle, pressing on it has no effect. Seems to go away briefly if I raise my left arm, but then it comes back after 5 seconds or so. Seems to get less intense if I stay active, and then flare up more at night. It has been like this for 3 days now.

Other than that I am healthy. Don't smoke or drink. Eat healthy and exercise regularly. Sleep 6-8 hours per night.

Symptoms:  Dull aching pain in upper back area between left shoulder blade and spine.
Doctor

It appears to be a muscuoskeletal sprain itself for typical disappearance of pain when you lift you left arm, this indicates that it is related to muscle stretch and the most common cause being poor posture and often abnormal position of arm during sleeping or often occurs after heavy isometric exercises.
You may use hot fomentation twice a day locally and if required an NSAID for pain relief and it should subside.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,