Pain on inside of left knee

Patient

Q: I have been having pain on the inside of my left knee for about the last week.
It is very tender to touch and if I tap my knee in the right spot it feels like an electric jolt and can be quite painful.
To me, it feels like a nerve problem as the pain reminds me of when you hit your elbow (funnybone).
I am finding it hard to bear weight and normal movements like walking are starting to hurt more and more.
I have lost about 20 kgs in the last year through bike riding and walking but I haven't had any previous injury to that area or a recent knock which would explain the problem.

Doctor