Pain on medial tibia plateaus

Q: I have pain medial to the patellar tendon on both legs. This has been going on for over a year. It comes and goes but it is always in the same area. The area is between the sartorius insertion and the patellar tendon. If I cross my legs with the knee pit on top of the patella, the top leg is affected. Why would this aggravate this area? Sometimes I can press on the area and it seems that it will stay depressed. Could there actually be a hole in the surface of the tibia. There is hardly ever any bruising at all.

Symptoms:  Pain when lunging, or getting out of a chair, pain when going into a squat, pain when leaning forward like over a bathroom sink.