Pain on outside of left knee

Patient : Knee pain that tender to touch swelling across more pain when trying to bend or move barely can walk on and not gout pain is only on the outside of left knee n leg
Symptoms:  Pain swollen tender
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your pain may be due injury to the meniscus of your knee joint. This is a piece of cartilag e that cushions the knee joint. An injury to the meniscus can very in severity and needs to be assessed by a skilled orthopedic surgeon along with MRI imaging. Once assessed, your treatment may range form rest, wearing a knee brace, and physiotherapy to surgery to repair or remove the damaged meniscus. Please seek further evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com