Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pain on right pelvic part and bleeding that follows

Pain on right pelvic part and bleeding that follows

Patient: Hi am lynne. i have been having this pain on my right pelvic side i think where the bladder is for about three months.the pain comes and goes and when it comes i see some blood spots on my panty. currently am using IUD as a method of family planning. am 26 year of age and am married and i have a daughter of 9 months.please help.thanks

Doctor: Pain and spotting could be an indicator of pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroids, endometriosis or in rare cases cancer to the endometrium/uterus. Any bleeding warrants an internal examination from your obstetrician. Your doctor may advise further test according to the findings of the examination. Treatment will depend on the cause of the bleeding.