Pain on right side of vagina during sex

Patient : Hi, This morning, I was having sex with my boyfriend and as soon as we began, there was extreme pain on the right side only. I didn't say anything,, but when we changed positions, he noted that I was bleeding so we stopped. I went to the bathroom and only my right side was very swollen. Now, the right sided pain persists. It is sharp as if I have a cut. While we were having sex, it felt like something small and sharp was stabbing me. My boyfriend noted that it felt different on the right side. Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis. My pcp prescribed me flagyl and all is back to normal. This was the first time I had had this scourge, and I think it may be unrelated to what I am currently experiencing. I also have the Mirena IUD. My question is, what is the cause if the pain on the right side?
Symptoms:  Pain on the right side of my vagina. Just on the Inside of the vaginal wall.