Pain on the inside of the left knee no details

Patient

Q: I have pain on the inside of my left knee what could this be?

Doctor

A:    In the view of the vague nature of your question and the lack of details, for example you do not tell your age and/or previous history, my answer will be very general. The most common cause of knee pain is the chondromalacia patella or Patello femoral syndrome, in the case that you have history of a traumatism in the knee, some other causes must be rule out, for example: ligament, meniscus, muscle or capsule lesions. As you see, it depends on several factors to determine the nature of the knee pain. If you are taking anti-inflammatory medication and the pain continues or even gets worse, I strongly recommend you to have an evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon.