Pain on the Right Side of My Throat, Discomfort Swallowing.

Patient : I have pain when i press on the right side of my throat, and have discomfort swollowing on the right. What could it be? Because i'm concerned it could be throat cancer, as i'm a smoker and drink.
Doctor :   You mentioned that you have a history of smoking and drinking, these may rarely cause cancer in the throat (more commonl y lung and liver are the organs affected by smoking and drinking).  The more likely cause for your throat symptoms may be due to various other reasons like tonsil inflammation, throat infection and congestion or swelling of the lymph nodes in that region, and you will need to see your family doctor for clinical examination to diagnose the condition and treat accordingly. You mentioned that you have a history of smoking and drinking, these may rarely cause cancer in the throat (more commonly lung and liver are the organs affected by smoking and drinking).  The more likely cause for your throat symptoms may be due to various other reasons like tonsil inflammation, throat infection and congestion or swelling of the lymph nodes in that region, and you will need to see your family doctor for clinical examination to diagnose the condition and treat accordingly.