Pain one side of abdomen, Eptopic pregnany?

Q: Iv got abdominal pain on one side and have been of the depo for 3 months now without having a period, nhs direct think i should go the hospital as they think im having an eptopic pregnancy and have an ultra sound iv just taken a pregnancy test which was negative could this be because im not far enough gone

A:   I do not think that your symptoms are caused due to an ectopic pregnancy since your pregnancy test was negative. However your symptoms may be due to PID, ovarian cyst, appendicitis, endometiosis or kidney stones depending on the site of pain which you have not mentioned. I would advise you to see your doctor for an internal examination and an ultrasound to determine the cause of the pain.