Pain/Sensation when almost done urinating

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor, this is Mansi. I am experiencing pain/sensation when I am almost done peeing. There is no blood in the urine, in fact it is clear (and has no color). I had it after intercourse few days back. It does not hurt while urinating but at the time when I am almost done. I have this urge to urinate again and again and can't seem to hold it once I get the urge. I have this sensation around the vulva normally as well. Please suggest.

Symptoms:  Frequent Urge to Urinate, Pain/sensation when done urinating (not before that), Sensation around vulva lips, No blood in Urine (Normal transparent urine), symptoms started immediately after intercourse (protected) 2 days back
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have contracted a urinary tract infection. This is caused when bacteria get into the urethra resulting in inflammation, and pain during urination. Since it has been two days since these symptoms, you may not be experiencing constant pain. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor and have a urine test conducted. This will confirm if you have a bacterial urinary tract infection. If you have had unprotected sex recently, it may also prove beneficial to have a your urine tested for sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea. Once diagnosed, you will be placed on a course of antibiotic medication which will effectively clear this infection, relieving your symptoms.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com