Pain started in the foot and now is in the knee

Patient

Q: Foot pain started mid December. With elevation, rest etc. foot is still tender, but better. Trouble is that it has changed the way I walk and now I have a great deal of knee pain. We are traveling and I am wondering whether to use a walk in clinic or try and find a poditrist since that is where the problem originated

Doctor

A:    Both may be or not related. First if you changed your gait pattern because the foot pain possibly the knee pain is the consequence of changing forces and utilizing different muscles. On the other hand the knee pain might be a manifestation of knee ostearthrits. I strongly recommend you to consult a specialist Orthopedic surgeon about the knee and foot, in the case that you still have foot pain, but definitely for the knee as a priority.